Something new for 2018 – Our very own Visitor Hub
Fully stocked bar!
Free events, readings and poetry
Starts on Friday evening at 6pm
Open all day on Saturday from 10am
DROP IN AT THE Stables JAMES FIGG, rest your weary feet, comfort your assailed ears, look at the art, hear wonderful poetry, rebalance your caffeine and alcohol levels!!
Hosted by Patrician Press, the Stables at the James Figg (follow the signs through the Arch and on the right) will be open all day for food & drink & somewhere to relax. Meet founder Patricia Borlenghi and find out about this unique publishing house.
Friday 19 October at 6pm
- Art Exhibition Viewing
- Meet the Artists – Charlie Johnson and Ian Chapman who will be delighted to discuss their work with you.
- Music from the Vinyl Collection of DJ MC Royale
- Enjoy a relaxed evening in great company (Paying Bar)
Saturday 20th October 10.00am to 6.00pm
- Noon to 13:30: Novels and short stories –
- readings by Melanie Hughes and Emma Kittle-Pey
- 14:30 to 15:30 Poetry –
- from Mark Brayley and Christine de Luca
- 16:30 to 17:30 Anthologies –
- readings by Giacinto Palmieri and Robert Ronsson
Come and go as you please or rest here between events. Listen to the authors and poets and immerse yourself fully into TAL Festival 2018
With some classic Jazz/Swing music playing in the background courtesy of MC Royale (vinyl only)